Frost Advisory, Wind Advisory
4:34 AM EDT
National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon EDT today...
... Frost advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 9 am EDT
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a frost advisory... which is in effect from midnight tonight to
9 am EDT Sunday.
* Locations... east facing slopes of the northern and central
North Carolina mountains and adjacent foothills.
* Hazards... trees and power lines down by strong gusty winds this
morning. Patchy frost late tonight into early Sunday morning.
* Timing... very gusty conditions expected through late morning.
Frost will begin to develop around midnight tonight.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph until
* Temperatures... dropping into the 30s late tonight and early
* Impacts... gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Outside plants that are susceptible to frost damage need to be
protected or brought indoors.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A frost advisory means that widespread frost is expected.
Sensitive outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.