... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM EDT this
* location... coastal New Jersey and Delaware and the lower
* Coastal flooding... minor coastal flooding is possible with
both the high tide this morning and the high tide this
evening. Tidal flooding may approach moderate with the high
tide this evening. Note that there is also a risk of flooding
due to heavy rain through out the day.
* Timing... the coastal flooding is expected with the high tides
which will occur between 7 and 9 am and 7 and 9 PM on the
ocean front. High tide on the Delaware Bay and back bays may
occur up to two hours later.
* Surge... tides will be up to 2 feet above astronomical tides.
However... heavy rain at the time of high tides could
exacerbate coastal flooding... leading to total water levels
* Waves... on the Delaware Bay... waves up to 5 feet will be
* Impacts... roadway flooding is expected near both high tides.
A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some Road
closures. Usually... the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged... leading to
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your County
please go to www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides