... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight CST tonight...
Snowfall accumulations are more likely north of a Brenham, Conroe to
Livingston line. With any banded precipitation, there is the potential
for snowfall greater than 1 to 2 inches. Most areas may get 1 inch of
snow, and this may fall on top of freezing rain and sleet.
* What... intermittent periods of winter weather across southeast
- freezing rain accumulation potentially an eighth of an inch
or more but with a tenth or less more likely. Minor ice
accumulations possible on power lines.
- Snowfall accumulation potentially 2 inches north of Brenham
to Livingston with 1 inch most likely. Trace snowfall amounts
possible north of Interstate 10 where freezing rain is most
- Hazardous wind chills falling into the teens areawide by this
* Where... mainly north of Interstate 10.
* When... mainly this morning, decreasing this afternoon through
early this evening from north to south.
* Additional details... impacts of icing to elevated surfaces
such as bridges and overpasses. Road conditions will worsen for
areas with temperatures below freezing for a longer period of
time. Snow falling on top of any icy surfaces will cause those
surfaces to become even more icy.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet... and
ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This
will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Trinity Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:54 AM CST Jan. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service