... Wind Advisory in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Thursday.
* Timing... winds will increase through the late morning attain
maximum speeds from mid afternoon until the early evening.
* Winds... west winds will have sustain speeds around 30 mph with
gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... the high winds will cause blowing dust with the
visibility less than a half mile over a few locations. Thus
dangerous driving conditions will occur... especially for high
profile vehicles. The winds may also cause property damage
including blowing down trees and power lines.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Tularosa Basin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 12:06 PM MDT Mar. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 7:48 PM MDT Mar. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT
Thursday for strong winds and low relative humidities for fire
weather zones 055, 056, and 112...
* affected areas... fire weather zone 055. Fire weather zone 056.
Fire weather zone 112.
* Wind... west southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 50 mph or
* Humidity... 9% to 15%
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Be careful if you have to operate gas or electrical powered
machinery outside. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.