... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST Wednesday
above 3500 feet...
* what... very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills
will cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed
skin. Expect wind chills to range from 5 above zero to 10
* Where... Buncombe and northern Jackson counties.
* When... until 7 am EST Wednesday.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills will cause frostbite
in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Jackson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 10:55 PM EST Dec. 12, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 6:45 PM EST Dec. 12, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST Wednesday above
* locations... the central and southern mountains of western
North Carolina above 3500 feet elevation.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... starting early this morning lasting through daybreak
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.