... Wind Advisory now in effect until 2 am EDT Tuesday above
* locations... elevations above 3500 feet in the North Carolina
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... winds will maximize during the late afternoon/evening
hours before gradually diminishing tonight.
* Winds... southeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Swain Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 1:56 PM EDT Apr. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Big Laurel
- Bryson City
- Bryson Place
- Carson Mill
- De Hart Mill
- Franklin Grove
- Halls Ford
- Jackson Line
- Jenkins Place
- Lackey Hill
- Maple Springs
- Oconaluftee Indian Village
- Shallow Ford
- Solola Valley
- Talc Mountain
- Three Forks
- Wright Place