... Flood Warning extended until Sunday evening... the Flood Warning
the Tickfaw river near Montpelier.
* Until Sunday evening.
* At 7:30 PM Saturday the stage was 13.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will remain near 13.5 feet overnight then
begin to fall. The river will fall below flood stage tomorrow
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... the low banks will overflow threatening
commercial interests near the river with flooding.
* Impact... at 12.5 feet... forestry and sand and gravel operations will
Lat... Lon 3088 9061 3088 9074 3061 9070 3061 9057
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
St. Helena Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:04 PM CST Jan. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 4:13 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to midnight CST
The National Weather Service in New Orleans has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 9 am this morning to midnight
* Winds... west at 25 to 30 mph with higher gusts. Gusts could
approach 40 mph near water coastlines.
* Duration... late this morning through this evening.
* Impacts... Crosswinds on north/south oriented roadways could be
dangerous at times for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 26 to 39 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Small Craft Advisory, Low Water Advisory
Issued: 3:53 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Small Craft Advisory remains in effect from 6 am this morning
to 6 am CST Monday...
... Low water advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to noon
The National Weather Service in New Orleans has issued a low
water advisory... which is in effect from 9 am this morning to
noon CST Monday.
* Winds... 25 to 30 knots gusts to 35 knots.
* Waves/seas... 5 to 6 feet.
* Water levels... up to 2 feet below normal.
A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 20 to 33 knots
are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft.
Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller
vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.
A low water advisory means water levels are expected to be
significantly below average. Mariners should use extreme caution
and transit at the slowest safe navigable speed to minimize