... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 10 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... eastern New York and adjacent western New England.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 5 inches
with the highest accumulations northwest and the lowest
accumulations southeast. Up to a tenth of an inch of ice
accretion is possible in central and southern New York... the
Berkshires and northwestern Connecticut.
* Snowfall rates... up to half an inch an hour.
* Timing... beginning as snow late this afternoon and then
transitioning to sleet and freezing rain from southeast to
northwest during the late evening and overnight hours before
tapering off Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to snow and ice
* Visibilities... as low as one half mile.
* Winds... south 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s to lower 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Hamilton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:15 AM EST en Marzo 03, 2015