Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:07 AM EST en Diciembre 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday evening through
The National Weather Service in gray has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday
* Locations... much of New Hampshire as well as southern and
central Maine and the western Maine mountains and foothills.
* Hazard types... heavy snow... possibly mixing with sleet on Sunday
across southeast New Hampshire and southwest Maine.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of greater than 6 inches is
* Timing... snow will spread northeast across the region Saturday
evening reaching the Penobscot valley towards midnight.
* Impacts... accumulating snow and gusty winds will produce slick
roads and sharply reduced visibilities in blowing and drifting snow.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... 5 to 15 above across the mountains with teens and
lower 20s elsewhere.
* Visibilities... will drop below one-half mile at times in falling
snow as well as in blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations