...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this evening to 8 PM EDT Saturday...
* locations...Buncombe...Graham and northern Jackson counties.
* Hazards...accumulating snowfall.
* Timing...rain showers Friday evening will change over to snow overnight as snow levels drop to the valley floors by daybreak Saturday. Scattered snow showers will likely linger through the day on Saturday...before ending Saturday evening.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches...with perhaps up to 5 inches on some ridgetops above 5000 feet.
* Impacts...the wet snow combined with very windy conditions could produce isolated tree and power line damage. Road surfaces may see slightly less snow accumulation...but bridges and overpasses may become snow covered and icy.
* Temperatures...in the mid 30s.
* Winds...northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities late Friday night and Saturday...and use caution while driving.
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National Weather Service toll free at...1...800...2 6 7...8 1 0 1. Leave a message with your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report using hashtag nwsgsp. Additional details can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.