... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 am to 6 PM
* locations... the North Carolina mountains adjacent to Tennessee
and portions of the central mountains.
* Hazards... accumulations of freezing rain... sleet and snow.
* Timing... rain will develop overnight which will turn to freezing
rain early Thursday morning over the northern mountains... with
freezing rain developing elsewhere by midday. Sleet and snow
will also occur during the afternoon hours.
* Accumulations... ice accumulations will be one-tenth to two-
tenths over the Tennessee border counties... with less than one-
tenth elsewhere. Sleet and snow accumulations will be 1 to 2
inches in the northern mountains with less than 1 inch
* Impacts... the ice and snow will create slippery roadways.
* Temperatures... falling well into the 20s.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report
using hashtag nwsgsp.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Graham Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:55 PM EST en Marzo 04, 2015