Freezing Rain Advisory
Statement as of 2:10 PM EST en Diciembre 07, 2013
... Freezing Rain Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight
to 8 PM EST Sunday...
* locations... the northwest Piedmont of North Carolina...
portions of the northern foothills... and Yancey County.
* Hazards... light ice accumulations from freezing rain.
* Timing... freezing rain will develop from the south tonight and
then last through much of the day on Sunday. The precipitation
should then change over to rain by Sunday night.
* Accumulations... ice accumulations ranging from a few
hundredths of an inch along the Interstate 40 corridor... to
possibly one to two tenths of an inch farther north and west.
* Impacts... the light ice accumulations will create slippery
roads and bridges. A few power outages could occur.
* Temperatures... in the low to mid 30s.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph with a few gusts up to 20 mph.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Statement as of 4:31 PM EST on November 28, 2013
... A new record highest minimum temperature set at Charlotte NC...
The low temperature for yesterday at Charlotte NC was 65 degrees.
This sets a new record highest minimum temperature for December 6.
The previous record highest low temperature for this date was 62
degrees which was set in 1912.
Nearby Radar Stations