Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:38 PM CST en Diciembre 05, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 6 PM
* Short term trends... light to occasionally moderate snow will
continue north of I-44 this afternoon and early evening. After a
break this evening... additional snowfall is expected after
midnight tonight. The majority of the storm total snow
accumulations will occur with this second wave of snow.
Even though this afternoons snow is relatively light... many
roads are becoming dangerous even with small amounts of snow
* Timing and areas affected... through Friday afternoon for areas of
extreme southeastern Kansas into west central Missouri north of
* Snow accumulations... one to three inches of snow will be possible.
* Winds and visibility... winds of 10 to 20 mph will be possible
and visibilities may drop below a mile during periods of
* Impacts... snowfall may cause some travel problems... especially during
the afternoon commute today and the morning commute on Friday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations