... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM
CDT this evening for locations along and north of a Minneapolis...
Manhattan to Holton line...
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a red flag
warning for low relative humidity levels... gusty south to
southwest winds and dry fuels... which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 7 PM CDT this evening.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 008 Republic... fire weather
zone 009 Washington... fire weather zone 010 Marshall... fire
weather zone 011 Nemaha... fire weather zone 012 Brown... fire
weather zone 020 cloud... fire weather zone 021 Clay... fire
weather zone 022 Riley... fire weather zone 023 Pottawatomie...
fire weather zone 024 Jackson and fire weather zone 034 Ottawa.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon into the early evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 19 percent.
* Temperatures... in the lower to middle 70s.
* Impacts... fires can start quickly and burn intensely. All
fires are potentially serious. All outdoor burning should be
avoided in areas under red flag conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination strong
winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Riley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 10:01 AM CDT en Marzo 30, 2015