... Fire Weather Watch in effect Sunday afternoon for critical
fuels... low humidity... and windy conditions for portions of
north central Kansas...
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a Fire Weather
Watch for critical fuels... low humidity... and windy
conditions... which is in effect Sunday afternoon.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 008 Republic... fire weather
zone 020 cloud... fire weather zone 021 Clay... fire weather
zone 034 Ottawa and fire weather zone 035 Dickinson.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... winds and humidity levels will combine to be their most
extreme during the afternoon hours.
* Relative humidity... as low as 22 percent.
* Temperatures... in the upper 60s.
* Impacts... fires can start quickly and burn intensely. All
outdoor burning should be avoided.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Cloud Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:32 PM CDT en Marzo 28, 2015