... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 10 PM PDT this
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon today to 10 PM PDT this
evening for the Kern County mountains and the desert areas just
below the passes.
* Winds: westerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 50 mph.
* Timing: the strongest winds are likely between 3 PM PDT and 9 PM
PDT today. A recurrence of strong and gusty winds is likely
Wednesday afternoon and evening.
* Locations include: Highway 178 through and below Walker Pass...
Highway 58 through and below Tehachapi Pass including the city
of Mojave and Highway 14 from Rosamond to Indian Wells Canyon.
* Impacts: strong wind gusts can impair driving ability and can
steer a high profile vehicle off the Road. Visibilities can
be greatly reduced by blowing dust or sand.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Wind Advisory means that gusts of 45 mph or more are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.