...Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Tuesday for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280 and 281... ...Red flag warning for Monday evening is cancelled for fire weather zones 280 and 281...
The National Weather Service in Medford has cancelled the red flag warning for Monday evening...but a warning remains in effect for Tuesday.
* Affected area: fire weather zones 281 and 280
* thunderstorms...a break in thunderstorms is expected tonight...then scattered thunderstorms are expected again on Tuesday.
* Outflow winds...30 to 40 mph gusts are possible.
* Impacts...scattered thunderstorms combined with existing dry fuels will result in many fire starts in a short period of time. While significant rainfall is expected with some of the thunderstorms fire spread is likely in areas that do not receive wetting rain and as drying occurs in the days that follow the thunderstorms.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. These conditions will contribute to extreme fire behavior.