Copper River Basin
Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 4:05 PM AKST en Diciembre 11, 2013
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 3 am to 9 PM akst Thursday
for passes of the Alaska Range...
The National Weather Service in Anchorage has issued a Wind Chill
Advisory... which is in effect from 3 am to 9 PM akst Thursday.
* Location... passes of the Alaska Range.
* Wind... north 15 to 30 mph.
* Wind chill values... 25 below to 40 below.
* Timing... wind chill will fall to advisory levels after midnight
tonight and persist until Thursday evening.
* Impacts... exposed skin will rapidly experience frostbite.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frostbite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
Nearby Radar Stations